Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lord Have Mercy!

My sister just came over for dinner and respite. We made deluxe grilled cheese reminiscent of the Yard House's grilled cheese using asiago pepper bread from Trader Joe's, cheddar, swiss, fontina, bacon, avocado, and tomoato. I must say, the bread is what really makes the sandwich. We also had tomatoes and roasted red pepper soup from TJ's and I added some stolen basil leaves from our neighbor's herb garden. It was delicious and very sinful, so I only ate half of my sandwich.I forgot to take a picture, which really doesn't matter because my food pictures never turn out well.

Now, for the Lord have mercy part. Tonight is Day 2 of the hundred push up challenge. Monday I did 5 sets of push ups, totaling 25 and I am still feeling it today. Surprisingly, it was way easier than I thought it would be. Unfortunately, Tuesday my shoulders, back and armpits hurt and today my lower abs (or what should be abs) ached. Tonight I need to do sets of 6,8 6,6, and 7. I am already feeling like I bit off more than I can chew! I feel like giving up on day 2. If I was a counselor applying my classroom management theories to the quitting behavior I would say it is to avoid failure. This is probably 100% accurate. The 1,000 caolorie grilled cheese is not helping my motivation!

I am going to do them right after watching Hard Knocks.

On a side note, the BF has orientation tomorrow. Life of law school begins tomorrow!

How do you motivate yourself to do things you don't want to? And, a favorite quote of my sisters, what would you do if you knew you could not fail?

1 comment:

  1. I find one of the best ways to motivate yourself is to picture the end result/feeling of your work. Think of how diesel you'll be, or how you'll feel as though you have more energy when you're in better shape!

    As for what I would do if I knew I could not fail, I think that's obvious...I'd hit on every super model I could?!

    ReplyDelete