Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pros and Cons of Depending on Others (aka, Him)

It is awesome to be in a committed and caring relationship. There are many perks of living with your significant other like not eating dinner alone, getting more mail in the mailbox to be excited over, cooking for two instead of one, packing their lunch and having them bring it home empty so you know you did a good job, etc. One of the biggest perks of all is having someone around to do the tasks that I am not good at. For example, his grandparents gave us this MSU photo wall hanging for Christmas and I tried to hang it myself after many months of it sitting around in the guest room. He came home and finally noticed it, along with the two failed attempts (holes) I'd left in the bathroom. He is so thorough and precise when it comes to hanging things on the walls and while it drives me nuts when he takes so long to measure and remeasure, I have to love the time and care he puts in.

Notice the little holes right above the "S"
Among all these perks of living together there is one con that drives me bananas, waiting for him to get around to doing it. I like things done right away, which may be attributed to my being a millennial (future post on this) or being slightly OCD. For example, I saw a DIY (do it yourself) online for a dry erase board out of an old ornate picture frame. My mom and I hunted around at garage sales for a cool frame and then she remembered she had one at home. It finally made its way to Chicago and I took the picture out, replacing it with some fancy Paper Source paper that has a green flocked flower pattern. I was going to spray paint the frame a fun color but guess what! Selling spray paint in Chicago is outlawed!?! So the frame remains gold and I think I like it.


I am going to plan our weekly menus (in attempts to save money and not feel panicked at the end of the day) on this marker board and want it hung in our walk-in pantry right above my rack of aprons. P.S. I love and am obsessed with my pantry and want to hang a thrifted chandelier in. This was the main reason I didn't want to move when it came time to resign our lease! Anyways, the board has been done for weeks and is just waiting to be hung! 

Who wouldn't love this pantry?

What do you like best about living with your significant other? Find most challenging?

1 comment:

  1. Remember when I asked you where you got that "fabric?" Haha

    ReplyDelete