Monday, August 2, 2010

Someone CallED 911!!

Today after riding the MegaBus home from that city where that other school is I sat down to relax on the couch when someone started buzzing my door. I looked out the window

and there was one of Chicago's finest dressed in blue. I said, "Hello do you want me to buzz you in?" to which he replied yes (obviously since he was buzzing!).  I didn't have any pants on because it is hot as Hades in Chicago and I didn't have anything going on today. So, in an effort to get decent, I yelled for him to hold on and scrambled to get some shorts on. This is the third time someone has come and buzzed us and I have had to run to put on a robe or shorts, think this is a sign? YES!

Turns out guys in our building saw someone crawl out another apartment's window upstairs and onto the patio. They did the right thing and reported the breaking and entering because the girl wasn't home. Hopefully she has renter's insurance. Luckily for us, we have bars on our back windows that are accessible via the porch.

Our other windows are high enough off the ground I don't think we have anything to worry about, do we?

I don't think I'll worry about it. What I will worry about is The Secret Life of the American Teenager. If I am going to work as a high school counselor I think I should watch what kids are watching and boy, is this show full of adult themes. Stay tuned for a future post on "stuff" (this will be a profanity free blog for the sake of my professional integrity, haha) kids are watching these days! One positive thing about the show is they mentioned Gestalt's empty chair experiment!

What do you think? Have you watched it?

No comments:

Post a Comment