Monday, August 16, 2010

#6 Do 100 Push Ups

This weekend was yet another reminder that life is precious and helped put the "list" into perspective even more. Some items on the list take a fair level of commitment or more money that I have access to at this time. So I decided to start with #6 100 Push Ups, because it only takes 3 days a week for six weeks and it is free! Now, I don't think my arms are necessarily bad, but I wouldn't call them great. I have never considered myself strong and sometimes play the weak Korean card. I remember in elementary school, during P.E. with Mr. Zbikowski, doing the pull up test and just dangling there waiting for my turn to be done (same for the rope climb). Maybe once I can do 100 push ups I will feel empowered?! (Shout out to Justin for the question/exclamation punctuation combination. I am beginning to understand your affection for it.)

Here are the before pictures taken this evening:




Tonight I completed the initial test as instructed by hundredpushups.com. This test let's the participant know where to begin on their journey to buffer arms! I was shocked that I was able to do 7 real push ups. Granted, my form was horrible, but I was certain I would only be able to do one or two. I am going to try to do real push ups throughout the course of the challenge! We also measured my arm and it is a whopping 9 1/4 inches. I am not sure if I want bigger arms, but I would like them to be more defined!

Ladies and gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure, I present you with the video of the initial test!!!

 
How many push ups can you do?

1 comment: