Monday, August 16, 2010

First: Chicago Air & Water Show

This weekend was the Chicago Air & Water Show and we didn't go to it. According the the press 2 million people would be in attendance throughout the course of the weekend. Instead, we went to Belmont Harbor to watch the practice on Friday. The boyfriend (will be referred to as bf instead of using pronouns from this point forward) had seen the practice the day before and was really excited for me to see the Blue Angels for the first time. It was super hot outside, but we had a nice spot in the shade and there was a cool breeze coming off Lake Michigan so it was perfect! The bf said Thursday there were only two other people there, but when we went there were watching the practice. We stayed for about 2 hours and waited until the last possible minute until I had to go home to shower for work. I missed them. That is, until I was waiting for the El and they flew by! Pretty neat, but I am not sure they were worth all the hype. The bf was so excited for me to see them so I was happy to catch a glimpse, even if it was only for a second.






 
Is the Air & Water Show overrated or totally worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment