Friday, August 13, 2010

Cliché? Definitely. My 30 Before 30

Now I know I am only 26 1/2 years old but life has been cruising by so fast! I have been having the best time ever since...a really long time. I have heard of people making lists of 30 things they want to do before they turn 30 years old (kinda like a bucket list). I think this is such a neat idea to set goals and keep track and what better way to do this than on the blog!? Does this imply I should be be blogging for 3 1/2 more years? We'll see!

This is a list in progress. Here is what I came up with thus far:

  1. Go to Mackinac Island and buy fudge
  2. Camp in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
  3. See the Northern Lights
  4. Take a real vacation with him to somewhere relaxing, warm and all inclusive
  5. Try snowboarding
  6. Do 100 push ups
  7. Make Macarons
  8. Plant and harvest a garden
  9. Learn the waltz
  10. Give at least one speech at Toastmasters
  11. Host a low country boil for all our friends
  12. Catch a real sized fish, clean it, cook it and eat it
  13. Read 10 classic books...so many to choose from!
  14. Start contributing to my Roth again
  15. Spend more quality time with my nieces and nephew
  16. Take music lessons for a year, either violin or piano (neither of which I own)
  17. Consistently volunteer for the same organization
  18. Find a church that is congruent with my beliefs and become a part of their community
  19. Get a job that I love and be my best at it
  20. Do one of the city scavenger hunts like Urban Dare
  21. Golf 18 holes without complaining with him, Kim and Joey
  22. Stop paying rent and own my own place! 
  23. Thank people more often. (A customer sent me the sweetest thank you at the store and I realize people don't do it enough!)
  24. See a meteor shower
  25. Become a stronger writer (professionally and grammatically)
  26. House boat on Lake Powell, or somewhere else, with friends/family
  27.  
  28.   
  29.   
  30.   
Where to start? Maybe with the push ups.

What is #1 on your list?

6 comments:

  1. Okay, so this is getting Twilight Zone creepy...Just the other day I was talking to someone about starting a personal blog...Then I was talking about setting up a goals list to complete by 30, 40, 50, etc... In regards to the goals, a guy just finished 100 goals in 100 weeks. That could be something to try, too? All your goals seem like they'll be fun to complete?! Keep up the writing because I've enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have seen a meteor shower last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan and I are in for the house boat! I have a violin and I could teach you (if we ever live close enough)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea Rachel! I linked back to your site on my blog today - www.nemecke.wordpress.com and gave some thought to my own Bucket List!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian could help you with # 12! And I want to go to Mackinac island too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. I've completed alot of those items. My favorites in Mackinac Island,Northern Lights, and vacation with the BF. Go for it, your like it.

    ReplyDelete