Friday, October 22, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

I've been slacking a bit in the blogging department since school started. I haven't been disciplined enough to take the time to sit down, reflect, and put thought onto "paper". I have been thinking more and more lately about the need to be thankful and make a conscious effort to maintain and promote a positive perspective in all aspects of life.

So, in an attempt to become more thankful and write more frequently, I introduce to you, Thankful Thursdays! Also, each week I am going to try to write a handwritten thank you note to someone in my life, or maybe a helpful sales person, etc. or at the very least a thankful email.

This Thursday I am especially thankful to be living in a region that experiences the four seasons. Even though winter is very long, I love the snow and the warm feelings of the holidays and being indoors. I love winter foods like chili and braised meats. I even like how it gets dark earlier so you want to stay inside with your loved ones. I am thankful for the beautiful fall colors we are experiencing now, the crisp air, the baked pumpkin seeds and college football. I am thankful for the amazing Michigan summers, all the lakes and rivers, campfires and stories shared among friends, and grilled foods. I am thankful for the spring when it finally arrives, the budding trees, flowers blooming and the smell of rain. I love the seasons and don't know if I could live without them again.

Here is some artwork we are planning on buying for our place that incorporates our love for the seasons and this beautiful city. Visit the Ryan Kapp's website for more information!  I hope he doesn't mind this being on here...maybe I should email and ask permission. I am not sure what the blogger etiquette is. Either way, I want to give credit where it's due!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to put the smell of skunks on your things you like about summer, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of Thankful Thursdays! I will follow your lead and try to send a nice note every Thursday to thank someone special in my life. PS. I love that piece of artwork! Can I copy you? Well, that'll have to wait until we get a bigger place and have room for artwork other than my own! ;)

    ReplyDelete